Sewing With Kyle - May, 2021
- Sewing classes now meet on Thursdays
- Morning session meets 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Afternoon session meets 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Each session limited to 9 participants
- Registration IS required
- No coffee or snacks allowed
- Masks ARE required for entry and during class
Sewing days are May 20 and May 27. Register for morning or afternoon session. There are only 18 spots available, 9 in each session.
REGISTRATION OPENS WEDNESDAY, MAY 12th
Call the library at 419-362-7181 or stop by the library to register. We do not take registrations online. Only one registration per person.
- Sewing machine
- 1/4" foot
- Rotary cutter and 6 1/2" x 24" ruler
- Straight stitch throat plate
- 6 1/2" square or 6" square or 9" square
- 18" x 24" mat
- ***Tri-Recs Ruler by Darlene Zimmerman & Jay Hoffman or Lazy Angle Ruler by Joan Hawley***
***No need to buy these rulers, please just bring along if you already own one***
- This is a large block, 18" finished
- A great scrappy quilt with Fat Quarters, including your background
- If going through your scraps, need to be able to cut 6 1/2" - 3 1/2" - 4"
- This quilt can be made out of 4 colors, plus your background
- Yardage is hard to say
- 4 colors - 1/2 yard of each, plus 1 1/2 yards background
- Scrappy - Bring 12 Fat Quarters to start and several backgrounds
- For the first class, please bring some scrap fabric to work on your cutting and sewing the block
- 1 block - 18" square
- 4 blocks (2x2) - 36" square
- 9 blocks (3x3) - 54" square
- 12 blocks (3x4) - 54" x 72"
You are welcome to register for the class and work on a different project, if you have unfinished work or are not interested in this month's project. However, registration is still required due to COVID restrictions.
Hope you can join us!