- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, library policies and procedures, Dewey Decimal System, literature.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with library patrons, co-workers, and other job contacts.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive subject matter.
- Categorize materials in subject, numerical, and alphabetical order.
- Skill in operation of computer, use of internet, communicating effectively in written and oral form; routine typing; adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing; spelling; maintaining registration and other records; data entry.
- Provide assistance to patrons at circulation desk
- Check books in and out; check for damaged or missing items; empties bookdrop; registers new patrons; provide instruction on lending policies and procedures.
- General office skills required: use copy machine to copy, scan and fax documents for patrons.
- Collect fees for lost or damaged materials.
- Answer phone to provide general information and respond to inquiries; transfer call to requested party; take messages.
- Assist in processing Interlibrary Loan materials
- Maintain shelves and displays and assist with programs.
- Close, relatively detailed vision when using computer screen.
- Digital dexterity when working on the computer.
- Frequently sits for extended period of time at front desk; stands with shelving books.
Evenings (2/week): 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Every other Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Perry Cook Memorial Public Library
7406 County Road 242
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338