Perry Cook Memorial Public Library is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and friendly person to fill the position of Library Assistant/Outreach. This is a part-time (15 hrs/week which requires a flexible schedule including days, evenings and Saturday hours) position responsible for a variety of tasks in the library including, but not limited to:
- driving the PCML mobile book van to deliver materials and programs to assisted living facilities, Amish schools, Northmor Local Schools and special events.
- selecting materials for outreach patrons and keeping the outreach collection organized.
- checking materials in and out at the circulation desk, answering patron's questions, assisting with copies, faxes and patron computer use, processing library card applications, answering phones, maintaining the patron database and collecting fees.
- shelving and shelf-reading.
- interest in or experience with planning and presenting programs for youth and/or senior citizens.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Must be eligible for lawful employment in the U.S.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and Saturday hours.
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Hourly pay/benefits: $11.50/hour, plus membership in OPERS and paid time off.
Please send cover letter, resume and completed application to Jen Gliebe, Director, Perry Cook Memorial Public Library (email@example.com).
Position open until filled.